Self Catering Accommodation on Exmoor
Westcott Cross Cottage, Luxborough (Somerset) is well-suited to families or groups and provides excellent sociable living space; the large farmhouse-style kitchen includes an Aga; the spacious sitting-area has a wood-burner and lovely views through the patio doors across the valley. Open-tread stairs from the main sitting-room lead up to the light bedrooms with their low bespoke beds. Another staircase at the other end of the cottage leads upstairs from a second sitting/dining room and compact kitchen-area, making this versatile accommodation for an extended family.
- Sleeps up to 7 guests (plus baby)
- Four bedrooms on the first floor
- One super-king size (6′) double bed
- One double bed (4’6) Ensuite
- One twin bedroom
- One single bedroom
- Travel cot and high chair available for baby on request
- Welcome pack on arrival
- Large kitchen-dining room with Aga and seating area with wood-burner
- Second sitting-dining room with kitchen facilities
- Basic condiments supplied include salt, pepper, tea, coffee, sugar
- We also supply washing powder, fabric conditioner, dishwashtablets, etc.
- Large and private garden with countryside views
- Garden furniture and barbecue included
- Dogs welcome (2 max) for a supplement of £15 each
Village pub within 1 mile
- Wifi, heating and electricity included
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Changeover day is Fridays
- Private parking for up to 3 cars
- Arrive from 4 pm
- Depart by 10 am
- Free superfast broadband
- 52″ TV with full SkyQ package and soundbar
- Bose bluetooth speaker, radio
- Woodburner (first basket of logs supplied, more logs to be sourced locally)
- Central Heating
- Aga cooker, Electric cooker, Breadmaker
- Fridge x 2, Freezer, Microwave, Toaster
- Washing machine, Dishwasher, Iron and Ironing Board
- Linen and Towels provided
- Highchair and Travel Cot available
- Private, secluded, enclosed Garden
- Patio with garden furniture
- Offroad parking x 3+
- Stunning rural views
- Dog kennels
Westcott Cross Cottage is surrounded by a huge secure, child and dog safe garden with totally unspoilt views over the Exmoor hills. The large garden provides plenty of space for relaxation or for children to play in and give the property privacy (the little stone building seen in some of the pictures is a storage barn, not another cottage).
There is a patio area with picnic table tucked to the side of the house, making the most of a sheltered position with stunning views up and down the valley.
There is also direct access to a footpath which leads down to the stream and beyond. In the other direction the path leads to endless forestry and heather heathland tracks for walking and cycling.
Outside dog kennel beside the patio.
2 x dog(s) allowed (£25.00)
This is a dog-friendly property. We’d prefer them to be left in the entrance porch/bootroom. Certainly not on the furniture or upstairs. There is an outside kennel large enough for a number of dogs. But please be wary in sunny weather as it can become extremely hot. One perspex panel can be removed to allow good air circulation but it can still get very warm on a sunny day.
suitable for children
Discounts available for low occupancy and multiple week bookings. Not available during high season. Please ring for details.
An additional £75 damage/cleanliness deposit will be charged. A full refund will be made after departure, so long as the property is left much as you found it.
A deposit of £500 is due at time of booking.
The balance will be due no later than 12 weeks before your arrival. If your arrival date is within the 12 week period the total amount is due at the time of booking.
An email confirmation will be sent to confirm your booking, when the balance is due and other cottage details.
If you cancel the booking before the 12 week period the deposit will be refunded in full. If you cancel during the 12 week period you will be liable for the full amount. We will however endeavor to re-let the property and if successful we will repay the new booking amount less a 20% administration fee incurred by us.
We recommend you take out your own holiday/travel insurance in case you are unable to travel.
Any damage or breakages during your stay at Westcott Cross Cottage we would expect to be reported to us and either replaced or paid for in full.
If we are unable to fulfil the holiday let contract we will either offer you alternative dates or refund the amount in full. This would include any government regulations which would restrict your travel.
Westcott Cross Cottage, Luxborough, Somerset
Weekly Prices 2022
Friday Changeover Days
1st April – 7th April 2022
8th April – 21st April 2022
22nd April – 26th May 2022
27th May – 2nd June 2022
3rd June – 30th June 2022
1st July – 14th July 2022
15th July – 1st September 2022
2nd September – 27th October 2022